1 posts categorized "Metanoia Communications"
September 22, 2011 4:09 PM in Metanoia Communications | 0 comments | 0 TrackBack
Metanoia Communications has just announced its new G.hn Home Networking chipset targeting consumer home networking and the global carriers’ broadband wire-line market.
The G.hn chipset is ITU-T G.9960 / G.9961 compliant and supports all wired media in the home (viz. Power Line, Coaxial Cable and Phone Line). It delivers up to 1 Gbps PHY rates for applications such as High Definition IPTV and triple play services (voice, video, and data). In addition, the Metanoia G.hn solution is designed to be interoperable with G.hn chips from other vendors, based on our continuous involvement in the customer supported interoperability testing over the past year and active participation in the development of the G.hn Standard.
Metanoia plans to participate in all the interoperability and certification events conducted by Home Grid Forum and expects to have a certified G.hn chip by the end of 2011.
“We have received considerable early customer interest for the Metanoia G.hn chipset from several communications equipment manufacturers and large carriers. In keeping with Metanoia’s tradition of delivering superior customer support, we provide evaluation boards, development tools, and a complete software support platform to ensure that the customers can quickly and successfully develop G.hn bridge, G.hn + Wi-Fi router, VDSL2 + Wi-Fi + G.hn Gateway and G.hn power adapter solutions.” said C.T. Wu, CEO of Metanoia Communications Inc. “In addition, the company provides customers with extensive technical support by leveraging our worldwide operations. Our goal is to quickly and efficiently assist our customers to get their G.hn products to market for various applications.”
In addition to G.hn, Metanoia is also a leading provider of VDSL2 broadband access solutions with several hundred thousand VDSL2 loops shipped worldwide. Metanoia’s VDSL2 solutions offer interoperability with all other VDSL2 chip vendors, while achieving excellent performance and stability in real-world deployments in the field. Today, the company also announced the addition of a new VDSL2 chipset that adds support for G.vector, G.inp and ADSL2+ backwards compatibility to the VDSL2 30a/17a/12a/8x profiles that are supported by our existing chips. Two new reference designs were also announced: a VDSL2 / ADSL2+ USB Dongle and a VDSL2 / ADSL2+ bridge modem, both with the industry’s smallest PCBs and designed to support easy plug-in with existing Wi-Fi AP routers or integration with new Wi-Fi SOC platforms. These reference platforms will provide customers with the key advantages of fast time to market and an optimal cost to performance ratio.
Metanoia G.hn Chipset Features
- Compliant with ITU-T G.hn standard G.9960, G.9961.
- Supports 25MHz / 50MHz / 100MHz profiles with a maximum PHY rate of 1Gbps.
- Supports three wired mediums: Power line, Phone line and Coaxial Cable.
- Provides advanced Quality of Service (QoS), reliable performance and AES-128 Security.
- Supports up to 250 simultaneously operating nodes in a domain.
- Supports G.hn Domain Master and Security Controller functions.
- Supports advanced techniques and algorithms for Neighbor Network Interference Mitigation.
Metanoia VDSL2 Chipset Features
- Interoperable with all major VDSL2 chip vendors
- Support for VDSL2 Bandplans : 8a/8b/8d/12a/12b/17a/30a and ADSL2+
- Upstream / Downstream connection rates greater than 150 / 150 Mbps
- Compliant with ITU-T standards G.993.2 (VDSL2), G.992.x (ADSL*), G.994.1 and G.998, G.997 Bandplans
- Supports G.inp, G.vector, ROC and dual latency
- Supports OLR, UPBO, DPBO and US0
- Supports flexible QoS classification